Midsomer Norton Library is moving to a new modern, refurbished location that combines library, council and partner services in the One Stop Shop in the Hollies building with its close proximity to Sainsburys and other local amenities.
- The public space will be greater than the library area in its current location and more appropriately laid out to meet our customer needs
- All existing services will be available in the new library
- There will continue to be quiet and study areas
- Plenty of Books will still be on shelves to browse and we will ensure popular titles are readily available
- There will be more modern technology, better PC’s, high speed WiFi
- All three million books will still be available on line
- The library will continue to host events and flexible meeting spaces as well as small exhibits
- Experienced staff will still be on hand to assist users
- A more modern location will ensure better facilities for all
- This move will contribute to an annual saving of £800,000 and enable future development of the High Street location
- A new modern library integrates the library & One Stop Shop in one place ensuring they both have a thriving future
Details about other locations will be published shortly.