We work with people to help them continue to live as independently as possible and with as much choice and control over their lives as possible. Services include:

Information and advice about services, including specialist services commissioned by the Council and the NHS.

Regardless of your financial position or eligibility for a community care service, you are entitled to information and advice about the services available from the Council and from other organisations that may be relevant to you.

Social Care Services

This may involve short term support after a hospital stay or a bout of illness or longer term assistance with personal or domestic care, accessing/maintaining social activities and work, adaptations to your home or equipment to help you carry out everyday tasks. If necessary, we can help you to move to a more supported setting.

We also support carers, who may need a break to do things for themselves on an occasional or regular basis.

Most Social Care services are now delivered through Personal Budgets.  This means that service users have more choice and control over their support.  You can choose whether your services are arranged by the Local Authority or you can arrange your own support using a Personal Budgets Direct Payment. To receive a Personal Budget, you first need to have an assessment against our eligibility criteria and our financial criteria.

Assessments are carried out by Virgin Care; Virgin Care Services Limited will provide the majority of the services previously provided by Sirona Care & Health from 1 April 2017. The services will still provide the same support, be funded in the same way and in most cases you will continue to see the same colleagues as you have seen before. If you have questions, please speak to the team from the service you work with – or you can contact Virgin Care’s Customer Services Team on 0300 303 9509, or by email: customerservices@virgincare.co.uk. See http://bathneshealthandcare.nhs.uk/

Specialist Services Commissioned by the Council and the NHS:

Terrence Higgins Trust West

The Council commissions this service to support HIV+ people, their families and carers. This includes counselling, individual and group support regarding practical and emotional issues, testing, information and advice. You can contact them directly. Tel: 0117 955 1000  

HIV Clinic at the centre for Genito-Urinary Medicine (GUM) - The clinic provides an HIV testing service, with pre- and post-test counselling and with results within one week. There are Health Advisors who offer advice on sexual health and treatment. The clinic can be contacted at the Royal United Hospital, Bath. Tel. 01225 824558 for health advisors Tel. 01225 824617 for clinic appointments.

The Harbour - A specialist counselling and psychotherapy service for people living with AIDS and other life-threatening illnesses. This includes people who are close to someone with a life-threatening condition, and people who have recently been bereaved. Tel.0117 925 9348

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 1.3 (3 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.