Bath & North East Somerset Council aim to provide a caring, sensitive and professional service to bereaved families and their loved ones, offering support and advice regarding aspects of funerals and memorials.
Bereavement Services consists of a crematorium, 2 open cemeteries and 31 closed cemeteries and churchyards across the county. We are based at Haycombe Cemetery and Crematorium which is situated on the southern edge of Bath.
Because Bath & North East Somerset recognises that bereavement means you have to make decisions at a time when you are least prepared to deal with them emotionally, these pages are designed to provide you with the following:
- Information about the services we offer - Burials and Cremations
- Information about our facilities in Bath and North East Somerset - Haycombe Cemetery in Bath and Harptree Cemetery in East Harptree
- Information to help with planning a funeral
- Information on the standards you should expect
- Links to external sources of help or information relating to bereavement
- Background and information on the closed churchyard and cemetery sites that we have statutory duties to maintain
- Finding burial and cremation records online in Bath & North East Somerset Council
Clear instructions (in writing) of whether you would prefer to be buried or cremated may be helpful to your next of kin or executor when you die. Such instructions are not binding in law, so you are not committing them to something they may not be able to carry out. But it will reassure them if they are doubtful and give guidance if they are completely unaware of what you would have liked.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.