Parents are the most important people in their child's life. Positive parenting is the best way to bring out the best in your child, right from day one.
We can all benefit from some help and guidance at times; it is better to ask for help than try and struggle and juggle. There is lots of information and support available in our Bath and North East Somerset.
Information and Advice
"Being a parent is wonderful, exciting, rewarding and scary....." local parent
Information and advice is available for parents from many organisations, including:
- Children's Centres, who can offer support, advice and a range of services for all parents and carers with children under 5.
- Health Visitors can talk through concerns you may have - contact your GP's surgery
- Parent Support Advisers, based in schools
- Southside offer parenting support for parents of children aged 0-11 years.
- Family Information Online has lots of resources, information and tip sheets full of useful ideas.
- What to expect, when? A parents' guide - A booklet to help you as find out more about how your child is learning/developing during their first five years, in relation to the EYFS.
Information on all courses can be found on 1 Big Database Bathnes and Rainbow Resource. Have a look at the Facebook page for the all the latest news and 'What's On'
Bath & North East Somerset Council has a duty to provide support for parents. How we deliver this is outlined in the Parenting Strategy.