As an employer, the Council offers a wide range of flexible and "family friendly" employment initiatives and working arrangements, aimed at creating an inclusive working environment in which all employees are able to achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours (subject to customer and service delivery needs)
- Generous holiday allowance and special leave provisions
- Job share policy
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars
- Employee counselling service
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Staff Social club and subsidised leisure centre membership
All new employees receive a comprehensive induction, training and development programme, and ongoing support throughout their employment to enable all our employees to progress and develop to their full potential.
The Council’s training and development programme has been designed to ensure that our employees are motivated and engaged to deliver the very best services on behalf of the Council.
In addition we offer specific and tailored support for people who want to brush up on their English and/or maths skills. We offer Functional Skills training for all employees over 25 enabling them to improve their literacy and numeracy skills to Level 2. This is also available to anyone who has previously been unsuccessful in their job application to the council, or who are applying for the first time.