Each person who uses our library services has different wants and needs; we are committed to delivering relevant and accessible services for everyone.
Our libraries stock, or can order in, items in a range of formats, including:
- Bag Books: Multi-Sensory Story Packs
- Basic Skills Materials (e.g. IT, CV writing, maths)
- Books in Community Languages
- Language Courses (including English as a Foreign Language)
- Large Print Books
- Quick Reads
- Reading Well Books on Prescription: a national scheme to help you manage your health and wellbeing through self-help reading
- Reminiscence Packs and materials to support people with dementia
For those who are unable to visit our libraries in person, there are a number of different ways to access our services:
For more information, or to discuss your individual access needs, please contact the Library Community Development Officer on tel. 01225 477073.
Libraries have the power to enrich lives and communities. The six Universal Offers, along with the Children's Promise and Six Steps, cover the important areas for a 21st century library service. To read more please see the Universal Offers Calendar 2019.