The Council’s Events Advice and Support service offers advice to help organisers plan safe and successful events in Bath and North East Somerset.
To undertake an event on council owned land (such as parks or open spaces), you will need to:
- Read the Events Policy, check for conflicting events on the Outdoor Events Calendar and see Timescales for Planning an Event. You can contact the Events Office via email email@example.com or on 01225 396056 prior to sending your application to check availability.
- Complete the online Event Application.
- Attach your supporting documents including Event Management Plan, Risk Assessment, Site Plan and Public Liability Insurance. You may submit your application without these, however, all supporting documents must be submited within 30 days of your application.
- The Events Office will contact you within 14 days of submitting your application.
Once the Events Office has approved your proposed event and location, you will then be asked to:
- Pay the appropriate fee. You will be sent a charge sheet with payment instructions following approval. Once payment has been received we will issue you with a licence for land hire. Please make sure you read this document thoroughly, as you will be bound by the conditions stated within this Licence.
- Depending on the size and nature of your event, you will also need to get the necessary licences and planning in place. See the Events Guidance for more information.
- Organisers whose events may significantly impact on the site or surrounding area may be required to attend a Safety Advisory Group for Events (SAGE) meeting before final permission is granted.
Even if your event is taking place on private land, please tell us about it by submitting the Events on Private Land Notification Form as your event may require licences, road closures or have local implications which we will be able to advise upon.
For information regarding timings when planning a major event, see the Timings for Planning an Event Flowchart.
For more information and guidance to help plan your event, see the following four areas:
- Organise an event - Guidance to highlight the main considerations when planning an event
- Events calendar - Containing an Events Listing calendar for you to add your events onto, in addition to the B&NES Outdoor Events Calendar where all major events in the area are listed
- Frequently asked questions - A brief summary of common questions and links to appropriate guidance
- Event forms & guidance - Containing useful documents and links to assist you in the organisation of an event. This includes guidance documents and links to other websites that offer useful information.
For more information, or if you have any questions - get in touch with the Events Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01225 396056.
To keep up to date with the latest news from Parks and Events, follow us on Twitter, @BathnesParks.