The Council’s Events Advice and Support service offers advice to help organisers plan safe and successful events in Bath and North East Somerset.
To undertake an event on council owned land (such as parks or open spaces), you will need to:
- Read the Events Policy and see Timescales for Planning an Event. You can contact the Events Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01225 396056 prior to sending your application to check availability. Due to increased demand on our parks and open spaces for events, we are no longer able to reserve dates without the submission of an event application. Therefore, once you have made your enquiry to determine if your preferred dates are available, the events office will hold these for 7 days (one calendar week) before releasing, should no event application be received. Thank you for your understanding.
- Complete the online Event Application, and pay the administration fee. Administration fee is £75 plus VAT (£90), multiple events administration fee £150 plus VAT (£180), major events administration fee £150 plus VAT (£180)
- Attach your supporting documents including Event Management Plan, Risk Assessment, Site Plan and Public Liability Insurance. You may submit your application without these, however, all supporting documents must be submited 8 weeks prior to your event date.
- The Events Office will contact you within 14 days of submitting your application and paying the administration fee.
- If you intend to film at your event, or make use of drones you must contact our Film Office https://www.bathfilmoffice.co.uk, For further guidance and for the code of conduct visit: https://www.bathfilmoffice.co.uk/drone-filming
Once the Events Office has approved your proposed event and location, you will then be asked to:
- Pay the appropriate fee. You will be sent a charge sheet with payment instructions following approval. Once payment has been received we will issue you with a Licence for Land Hire. Please make sure you read this document thoroughly, as you will be bound by the conditions stated within this Licence.
- Depending on the size and nature of your event, you will also need to get the necessary licences and planning in place. See the Events Guidance for more information.
- Organisers whose events may significantly impact on the site or surrounding area may be required to attend a Safety Advisory Group for Events (SAGE) meeting before final permission is granted.
Even if your event is taking place on private land, please complete the application via Event App as your event may require licences, road closures or have local implications which we will be able to advise upon.
For more information and guidance to help plan your event, see the following four areas:
- Organise an event - Guidance to highlight the main considerations when planning an event
- Frequently asked questions - A brief summary of common questions and links to appropriate guidance
- Event forms & guidance - Containing useful documents and links to assist you in the organisation of an event. This includes guidance documents and links to other websites that offer useful information.
For more information, or if you have any questions - get in touch with the Events Office at: email@example.com or Tel: 01225 396056.
To keep up to date with the latest news from Parks and Events, follow us on Twitter, @BathnesParks.